Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Heading for 3 to go...

Jan 22nd 2010
Found us at Roger Maris for 7:30 chemo.
3 left after toay!!
Got in on time. Asked if bloodwork had been done.
Told yes, as I had come in special on Thursday to do it and there was no order for it. Lab 22 did some calling on it yesterday 1-21-10 to see what was going on. Lab talked to Denise..she said there was no lab work that needed to be done..
I was surprised but evidently no order had been put in. I had been in on Wednesday also for lovenox check and at that time 2 vials were taken 1-lovenox 1-platelets. Had told them I would be back next day (Thursday) for rest of bloodwork that needed to be done..told OK see you then.

Port was easy to axcess today so that went well.
SO we did the premeds, then herceptin as we waited for lab results as YES I WAS SUPPOSE to have labs done!!! Someone dropped the ball there..oh well..it got done.
Taxol got done and we were out by 10:40. There is order in for next week for labs.

Had afternoon appt with Dr. Fischer.(my Primary-Internal Med)
Visit went well..nothing in meds need changing. She complimented me on how I am handling all this..told her I couldn't do it without family/friends support.
We set up annual mammogram in July and annual physical to follow that.
Dr. F also mentioned that my hais should be coming back curly as her sister's did and she had totally straight hair.
She feels badly that Sandy's (Older sis's daughter) breast cancer went to bone and she is only 40...
Sandy our prayers are with you as you battle this new develpment in your life.


Was a good day all around.
ONLY 3 left to go!!

No comments:

Post a Comment