Wednesday, February 3, 2010

2 to GO

Today is Jan. 29th..
3 chemo left including today..when done today its down to 2 2 2 2 2!!!!
End is so CLOSE....I can feel it!!
Woke at 5:30, got dressed, left Den sleep til alarm went off at 6.
Then it was off to Hardees once again on a Friday for fuel for body.
I had already had a bagel so only got coffee while Denny ate.
Got to Roger Maris at 7:10 for 7:30 appt with PA Nina.
Had some questions to ask..had them written down.
How will breast cancer effect my life span: life span will be shorter.
Finger nails growing funky: from chemo meds
Feet tingling, feel funny toward afternoon and evening: Chemo meds -have to keep eye on.
Radiation set up: Appt will be set last day of chemo. Was told radiation would be 4-5 weeks daily. (we thought we were told 1 week months earlier)
There would be few weeks inbetween chemo-radiation to give body a break.
Follow up: told every 4 months
Shingles can I get again:No (but paper handout says yes??)
WILL FOLLOW THRU WITH THESE SAME QUESTIONS WHEN I SEE DR. PANWALKER ON FEB. 22ND.
Nurses I talked to mentioned that I would probably be on herceptin IVs for a year but would have to see what Dr. Ps orders are but patients that are recieving chemo agressively as I am do get follow up with Herceptin IVs. BUT like I mentioned I will be talking to Dr. P about this.

Chemo: Port worked fine..no problems accessing. Thank goodness!!
Got premeds going...taxol then herceptin this day..totally different than other times med wise..
ONLY 2 2 2 2 2 2 I SAY 2 Chemo appts LEFT!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment