Saturday, February 6, 2010

1 CHEMO LEFT

Today is Saturday Feb. 6th,2010.
Yesterday was 2nd to last week of Chemo!!
ONLY ONE LEFT!!! YEA!!! SO GOOD TO SEE END NEAR!! CHEMO ANYWAY!!
Here goes:
Was up at 2 am!!! Had fallen asleep but Thursday nights I just don't sleep all nite!!
Knew I wouldn't be sleeping again so up and dressed..
Ready to nap in reclyner if needed so I wouldn't wake Den til 5:50 am.
Messed around on facebook..did dishes...picked up around house so got some things done :) I know I should have tried sleep but just didn't work..
Once again, food fuel at Hardees, chatted some then off to Roger Maris.
Roads were good..suppose to be really slippery due to sleet and falling snow..but were good for us..
Arrived at Roger Maris at 7 sharp..dropped off at door..
Den parked. I took my lovenox shot so that was done.
Registered as soon as gals were at desk.
Den wanted to go back to Infusion waiting area at 7:20 so off we went.
They put us in room right away..weren't quite ready for us but that was okay as we weren't suppose to be back there til 7:30 anyway.
Nurse got us going about 8. Checked name/date etc..all was good.
Port decided it was going to get poked just fine..so worked.
First of premeds got started..(20 mins) later she was going to see if she could get blood return thru port..Didn't like that idea and told her as port DOESN'T WANT to give withdrawals..told her all the problems its been causing w/build up of sheathe ove it etc. and all that we have learnt re:port problems: and they have been enough!!
Well, it was in PA Nina's order to do I guess so she tried..
GUESS WHAT..nothing!!! Told her!! Dr.Panwalker had said it was okay as it TOOK the meds!! But of course he was on vacation..guess she had already called his office re:port on opening, when we found that out we informed her about vacation!(Am Tired, really tired of all this port acting up-me and my weird complicated body :(
She called Nina..who told her to do a TPA..dose of heprin etc to see if there was blood clot stopping flow.. We KNOW thats gonna but things on back burner for awhile.
TPA got going. PLAN: check back in 1/2 hr and see if its working..
38-40 mins later we try..it works!!
While we waited Den and I were talking about last weeks appt with Nina and questions we asked:
I have it written in my notes from last week that cancer I have is:
HER+ (postitive) Stage 2B
HER+ is a Very Aggressive Cancer.
When we mentioned this to nurses today they talked about it amoung themselves and all agreed that yes, I would probably be put on Herceptin IVs for a year.
Nurse we had Friday said IF she gets breast cancer she would like to be HER+ as with Herceptin its very very treatable.
But she also had mentioned earlier that HER+ Stage 2b is VERY VERY Agressive.
We caught the 2 verys..and just looked at each other..not very happy looks if I do say so..
Sure do have questions for Dr.Panwalker this 22nd now, as thats when I see him again.
Den does too..as Dr.P is one with answers on my treatment plan..
Did rest of premeds..then Herceptin 1/1 hr, Taxol 1hr..flush and were gone!!
SHOULD have asked all these questions today while I had IVs going but forgot and asked before she had them hung so had her attention sidetracked w/questions which took awhile so wasted IV time there>
BUT GOTTA LOOK ON BRIGHT SIDE..Tomorrow is ANOTHER DAY for me..and the next and next.
Can't be sad, upset or rock my apple cart..
POSSITIVE additude is needed by me and all in support groups..
DAY BY DAY..
REMEMBER: DO NOT BE AFRAID OF TOMORROW FOR GOD IS ALREADY THERE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment