Saturday, January 2, 2010

Only 6 to GO!!

12/31/09

New Years Eve day found D & I up at 6 ready to go!!!
6 of 12!!


6:30 found us at McD's for quick bite before hand.
7:10 found us at RM. I checked in at 7:15 and told to go right back to infusion area where

Nurse C was ready for me. She got the port needle in and off we go going with the meds:

1 hr for saline, 15 mins each for 3 different premeds, then shot of benadryl, then comes
the chemo: 30 mins for Taxol, then 1 hr for Herceptin finished off with cocktail rinse of heparin flush. DONE..
All went so well..in by 8 and out by 12:00!!!
Went to Mom's to grab some lunch then home.
Worked from 3-7..
A girl had invited us out to Radisson to hear band Cousin B..friends of her's.
Being I felt so good - we did..band good as always..good to get out.
Thanks A!!! Good call.
Did leave about 11 as we are little older than the younger set... Quiet evening spent at home welcoming in the New Year.
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!


1/01/10
Felt like I was starting to bloat late last night..YEP..I was.
Took a benadryl this a.m. as I looked once again like a sumo wrestler once again..didn't I go thru this before?? Should be used to it, but one never seems to be. Not the best picture of yourself looking back at you in the mirrors..
Drank water all day....benadryl really helps...by evening I seemed to be kinda

back to normal. Legs were swollen all day too.
Did spend all day with ache from my shingles...did quite afew vinegar/water soaks.

Nothing seemed to help but pain med....and boy can it hurt.

1/02/10

Still doing soaks for shingles today as its still draining good in one area.
Still pushing the water, but no benadryl needed today..body more or less
back to normal. Sumo wrestler has left the building...legs still swell tho.
SO GOOD TO BE HALFWAY TOWARD GOAL!!!
Still will have 1 week of radiation daily after chemo is done..but now

can either say its going to be 7 of 12 or else do count down..6 5 4 3 2 LASTONE!!
Think I may do countdown...

No comments:

Post a Comment