Monday, December 21, 2009

Steriods - could live without??

Steriods took a toll at this last Chemo appt Friday 12-18-09.
Feet got so swollen that shoes wouldn't go on.
Called work and told them I would be in at noon on Sat as I was going to lay with legs up all night long..
Sat. went into work and scheduled showed me SICK..ya right..worked from 12-4 then gave up and went home..legs and feet swollen even in support hose, back hurting-wearing back brace to help. Face was starting to get puffier.
Sunday found me looking like a Sumo Wrestler. Called in to work due to puffy face, neck not being able to move right. Eyes looked slanted..cheeks/chin hurt ..
Body very swollen..
Called Dr. P who happened to be on call..told me to take benadryl and if I had problems breathing to head to the ER.
During the day the benadryl started working and fluid passed thru me...body looked much better today -Monday, could say I was glad to see wrinkles under my eyes to which Denny just laughed at. Laughter such good medicine.
Weekend has taken its toll...emotionally and physically on me.
Sunday found us getting all the Christmas wrapping caught up---such a good feeling.
Thank goodness I had today off...really exhausted today so got caught up on some sleep as steriods mess up ones nights...never a good nights sleep to be had.

No comments:

Post a Comment